Questions For Candidates
Sanctity of Life Questions
1. Please tell us your understanding of the current state of legislation and statute in regards to abortion and euthanasia in Canada.
2. What is your experience with the pro-life movement? Have you ever been part of a pro-life activity?
3. What types of federal pro-life legislation would you vote for?
4. How do you plan to advocate for pro-life legislation within Caucus and publicly (Facebook posts, tweets, press releases, speeches, etc…)?
5. How do you plan to advance the pro-life agenda within your political party (e.g. staffing, policy conventions, leadership races, nomination races, etc…)?
6. Would you vote for a Criminal Code amendment to restrict abortion after 12 weeks gestation (first trimester)?
7. Would you vote your conscience or the party line on pro-life legislation?
The Four Pillar Questions
1. Do you believe that parents should have the right to raise their children the way they want? What do you believe is a member of parliaments’ role in ensuring this right is preserved and protected?
2. Do you believe that those we elect to serve us in civil government must respect and defend our right of belief and freedom of religion?
3. Respecting our right of belief and freedom of religion is a minimum requirement. however, in what ways would you stand in defense of these rights and freedoms?
4. Do you believe that the laws and policies of civil government must provide for the safety and security of the citizens, especially the vulnerable among us?
5. Can you give some examples of policy or legislative changes that need to be made to appropriately protect vulnerable citizens?
6. Do you believe that it is inappropriate for civil government to heap debt upon the backs of our children and future generations?
7. What is your plan to immediately begin the work of removing the burden of debt from the backs of our children?